SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Symptoms of a quad strain may include:
- Inflammation, bruising or swelling on the front of your thigh
- Difficulty bending and straightening your knee
- Overly tired, stiff or weak quad muscles
- Pain when walking or using the quad muscles
- Tightness in the thigh
- Sharp pain when running, jumping, or kicking
KNOW A SIMILAR INJURY?
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE HERE!
SOME VIDEOS THAT MIGHT HELP
Send us video suggestions!
WHAT THE COMMUNITY HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS INJURY
Natasha– I had a quad strain on my left and right quads. It was hard to walk and sometimes go up the stairs but my track season didn’t start at this time so it didn’t get worse thankfully. What I did was stretch (hamstring lifts, squats, clams , rolling out) and ice every day and taking it easy and I was able to run again about a week or so of doing that.